The Arrow sat down with "Freddy vs Jason" star Robert Englund to get some dirt on the super teaming. "It’s like some gorgeous, twisted, violent Dutch comic book you know– Asian, Cyber Japanese Cyber Punk, illustrated comic book with Scorsese camera angles, Orson Wells camera angles and film noir style…it’s REALLY interesting! There’s also lots of different colors plays, kind of like Paul Schrader’s style. It’s just really a great classy, violent popcorn movie. I’ve been calling it a gourmet popcorn that’s spelled…G-O-R-E.", says Englund.
– Englund also dropped a hint about "Freddy meeting baby Jason" in the film, and when prodded about how many "old school" fans are afraid that the new film is basically gonna sell out to the new generation, Englund replied: "Freddy is less funny (here)…and there’s more violence and more twisted shit in this film than in the last 4 Freddy movies."
– We also get lots more background on the film’s development, how Guillermo del Toro was once involved and Englund’s take on why Kane Hodder might’ve gotten the boot as Jason in this go-around.
– He also offered more details on the plotline including the drug Hypnocil, a wicked rave party set in a cornfield ("..little rave nerd boys with day glow clothes being piped and speared by Jason and flung across rows and rows of corn glowing like meteors or comets through the night.") and how Jason becomes Freddy’s "Frankenstein monster".
- Olsens talk Fuller House – will they do it? - April 25, 2015
- Batman injured; Goodbye cancelled - April 25, 2015
- SNL alum joins Zoolander 2 - April 25, 2015
- First Look : Jared Leto as The Joker! - April 25, 2015
- Some new Terminator : Genisys TV spots - April 25, 2015
- Another Avenger joins Captain America : Civil War - April 24, 2015
- Zach Galligan, Gremlins reboot is calling! - April 24, 2015
- Trailer : Area 51 - April 24, 2015
- Trailer : The Visit - April 24, 2015
- Production kicks off on Evil Dead series - April 24, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.