Nicolas Cage talked to Sci Fi Wire announcing that Columbia may settle on a script for a proposed Ghost Rider movie early in the new year. "They’re going to be done with the script after the holidays, and I think the studio’s very excited about it," Cage said in an interview.
The new script will aim for a PG-13 rating. Original writer David Goyer’s (Blade) draft was rejected for being too violent. Cage said that he was on board with that change. "The comic-book world is originally a world that was a fantasy place for children and younger people," he said. "By making it hard R, you’d alienate some of those younger people, who want to go to the movies and get lost in that world. So I can understand the argument for that."
As an actor, comic fan Cage was drawn to the film because of the hero’s philosophical dilemma. "I always thought it was interesting: the concept of a character who’s in the dilemma of making a deal with a negative force and then trying to do something positive with it," he said.
The project, based on the Marvel Comics series of the same name, originated at Dimension, but was put on hold, when Columbia picked it up.
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.