Only in America, they say. The MPAA, that most conservative and ludicrous of organisations that determines the ratings of new films, has determined that Steven Soderbergh’s latest film, the eagerly anticipated Solaris, is receiving an R-rating.
The remake of the Russian classic stars George Clooney as a psychologist who starts seeing visions of his dead wife while
on a scientific mission to an ocean world called Solaris. Part science fiction allegory, part romantic drama, the MPAA’s decision has to do with the showing of Clooney’s naked bum in the film. Suffice it to say,distributor Twentieth Century Fox is appealing the decision, and according to various spokespeople, it’s unlikely that any trims and tucks will be made to either Clooney’s bum or the film. Imagine if the naked actor had turned around, would that have meant an NC-17? The biggest cut of all would have occurred. Nobody from the film is officially talking, though Clooney’s publicist, Stan Rosenfeld, conceded that the whole issue "was plainly
idiotic". Of course, had George’s bum exploded on screen with blood emitting in all directions, one suspects that the MPAA would have given the film a G. Thanks ‘Paul’
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.