James G. Robinson, Chairman/CEO and Guy McElwaine, President of Morgan Creek Productions have officially announced the start of production on "Exorcist : The Beginning", with Principal Photography now underway in Morocco.
Stellan Skarsgård will portray the young Father Merrin, a role made famous in the original film by Max Von Sydow. The prequel traces the story of Father Merrin back to his first encounter with the Devil in post-WWII Africa.
Produced by Morgan Creek Productions, "The Beginning" will be directed by Paul Schrader (Auto Focus). The film also stars Gabriel Mann (The Bourne Identity), Clara Bellar (A.I. Artificial Intelligence) and recording star Billy Crawford. James G. Robinson will serve as the film’s producer and Guy McElwaine will executive produce. The screenplay is by William Wisher (Terminator 2: Judgment Day).
After completing work in Morocco, the production will move to Rome for the remainder of the schedule.
Exorcist: The Beginning will be released in 2003 by Warner Bros. Pictures, an AOL Time Warner Company, and internationally by Warner Bros. Pictures and Morgan Creek International.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.