Former "Angel" star Julia Benz told Sci Fi Wire about her role in the forthcoming "George of the Jungle 2". I play George’s wife, Ursula," Benz said in an interview. "I was looking for something a little more lighthearted for my next project, so that’s what I chose to do."
Benz added, "George of the Jungle 2 is a comedy. I’d played these very dark and emotional characters for the last three years, and Ursula isn’t dark and emotional. It’s hard not to take home the roles where your character’s heart is ripped out and stepped on. It really is. So this was just fun, and it got me back into what I originally got into this business to do, which was comedy. We did it for Disney, and we shot it in Australia. Ursula is funny. She’s not the straight man. In the story, she and George [now played by Chris Showerman] have been married for five years, and they have a son. So it’s about how George balances being king of the jungle with being a husband. It’s in the same vein of the first one, with very broad comedy and a comic-book look to it. I got to fall a lot and do these pratfalls. I was very excited. Right now it’s up in the air how they’re going to release it," on TV, as a DVD/video or perhaps even theatrically.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.