According to The Herald Sun – and despite the group The Bee Gee’s lack of involvement – "Grease 3" is still happening, and as of today, 3 have signed up to appear in it. Travolta, Newton-John and Kylie Minogue have apparently just signed on the dotted line. And that’s despite earlier reports that Minogue’s rumoured casting was untrue.
Newton-John wanted her daughter Chloe, 16, to appear with her in the movie, in which her character Sandy and Travolta’s character Danny return to Rydell High for a 20-year reunion.
But studio chiefs have signed Minogue, 34, to play the teenager instead.
"Kylie definitely doesn’t look anything like her age and shouldn’t have any problem playing a teenager," an insider told the paper.
"Anyway, it’s worked before because Olivia was 30 herself when she played Sandy in 1978." Grease was a worldwide hit.
"I had tea with John the other day and he is really interested," Newton-John was quoted as saying.
"Grease 2 didn’t work because they didn’t use us."
Stockard Channing has agreed to cameo as Rizzo.
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
- Jane Levy to star in Bushwick - March 5, 2015
- The first clip from The Gunman - March 5, 2015
- Goldblum, Hemsworth join Independence Day 2 - March 5, 2015
- Stevens, Evans join Beauty and the Beast - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.