According to The Herald Sun – and despite the group The Bee Gee’s lack of involvement – "Grease 3" is still happening, and as of today, 3 have signed up to appear in it. Travolta, Newton-John and Kylie Minogue have apparently just signed on the dotted line. And that’s despite earlier reports that Minogue’s rumoured casting was untrue.
Newton-John wanted her daughter Chloe, 16, to appear with her in the movie, in which her character Sandy and Travolta’s character Danny return to Rydell High for a 20-year reunion.
But studio chiefs have signed Minogue, 34, to play the teenager instead.
"Kylie definitely doesn’t look anything like her age and shouldn’t have any problem playing a teenager," an insider told the paper.
"Anyway, it’s worked before because Olivia was 30 herself when she played Sandy in 1978." Grease was a worldwide hit.
"I had tea with John the other day and he is really interested," Newton-John was quoted as saying.
"Grease 2 didn’t work because they didn’t use us."
Stockard Channing has agreed to cameo as Rizzo.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.