With all these "Exorcist : The Beginning" set reports popping up around the web, news titbits about the anticipated sequel seem to be desired. Hot Dog magazine talked to Director Paul Schrader about the film, and asked him about the film itself. "This is a loss of faith story. They discover that this church has been buried, there’s a possession and it’s how Merrin comes to get his faith back. It’s like Shane with a crucifix".
Schrader also talked a little about Stellan Skarsgard replacing original lead, Liam Neeson.
"Liam Neeson came with the package, and he started having second thoughts. That was fine with me. I like Stellan better. He’s my kind of actor. He goes inside. Liam Neeson is the opposite; as an actor he’ll go big on you. When he’s uncomfortable, he’ll turn into Michael Collins. When Stellan’s uncomfortable, he’ll go inside. I like those interior actors".
Schrader also commented on how the film’s potential success might help his career.
"If it’s anywhere near successful, I could perhaps end my career on two feet rather than grovelling for coins".
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.