With all these "Exorcist : The Beginning" set reports popping up around the web, news titbits about the anticipated sequel seem to be desired. Hot Dog magazine talked to Director Paul Schrader about the film, and asked him about the film itself. "This is a loss of faith story. They discover that this church has been buried, there’s a possession and it’s how Merrin comes to get his faith back. It’s like Shane with a crucifix".
Schrader also talked a little about Stellan Skarsgard replacing original lead, Liam Neeson.
"Liam Neeson came with the package, and he started having second thoughts. That was fine with me. I like Stellan better. He’s my kind of actor. He goes inside. Liam Neeson is the opposite; as an actor he’ll go big on you. When he’s uncomfortable, he’ll turn into Michael Collins. When Stellan’s uncomfortable, he’ll go inside. I like those interior actors".
Schrader also commented on how the film’s potential success might help his career.
"If it’s anywhere near successful, I could perhaps end my career on two feet rather than grovelling for coins".
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.