Ok, so it’s a big leap going from "Scooby Doo" to "Dawn of the Dead". But remember James Gunn started at Troma, working on some damn classic Horror Flicks, before he even toyed with the idea of a CGI Scooby franchise. Sure, none of those B-Troma efforts will be the size or have even half the budget of the upcoming "Dawn" remake, but I think it’s safe to say Gunn’s "Dawn" reworking is going to seriously surprise some folks.
Tom Savini, who will ‘act’ in the movie [as opposed to doing the effects, which he is better known for], cements the claim. "The fans shouldn’t be too upset,” he tells Fangoria. “The [James Gunn] script is not a close remake of George’s film. The whole movie isn’t even set at the mall. It’s very different". Gunn’s a good writer [regardless of what you think of the movies that spawn from his scribblings], and I know he’s got some nice-ass plans for the flick. As of yesterday – when we talked "Scooby Doo 2 : Monsters Unleashed" [according to him, that’s the official title] he was casting on it – and quite excited about the whole thing. Let’s wait patiently…
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.