Ok, so it’s a big leap going from "Scooby Doo" to "Dawn of the Dead". But remember James Gunn started at Troma, working on some damn classic Horror Flicks, before he even toyed with the idea of a CGI Scooby franchise. Sure, none of those B-Troma efforts will be the size or have even half the budget of the upcoming "Dawn" remake, but I think it’s safe to say Gunn’s "Dawn" reworking is going to seriously surprise some folks.
Tom Savini, who will ‘act’ in the movie [as opposed to doing the effects, which he is better known for], cements the claim. "The fans shouldn’t be too upset,” he tells Fangoria. “The [James Gunn] script is not a close remake of George’s film. The whole movie isn’t even set at the mall. It’s very different". Gunn’s a good writer [regardless of what you think of the movies that spawn from his scribblings], and I know he’s got some nice-ass plans for the flick. As of yesterday – when we talked "Scooby Doo 2 : Monsters Unleashed" [according to him, that’s the official title] he was casting on it – and quite excited about the whole thing. Let’s wait patiently…
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.