Doesn’t Nicolas Cage now that whenever he mixes it up with wheels it just don’t work out? I mean "Gone in 60 seconds ring a bell"?
Well regardless, Nicky’s ready for an oil and grease again, because he’s committed himself to starring in another automobile-heavy feature called "RPM" [funnily enough, also the name of a direct-to-video feature a couple of years back starring David Arquette and Famke Janssen], to be directed by Simon West.
Now Ok, we can see why he decided to do this thing – Simon West. He’s the guy that made "Con Air", one of Cage’s most profitable films in the last few years. But after "Tomb Raider", even West’s got some redeeming to do. He knows his action, but plot, well, that he’s not so sure about. But if he can keep events in RPM as lively as they were in "Con Air", maybe we’ll have a good ol’ time.
According to Production Weekly, RPM is the pre-eminent car movie" about "a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid-like pair of outlaws" in an underground rally that takes place in several Euro cities like Monaco and Germany.
Now this could either go in the direction of "Days of Thunder meets Butch Cassidy", or, worst case scenario, "Driven beets 3000 Miles to Graceland".
Pray for the former.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.