Australian actor Joel Edgerton, seen recently in “Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones”, is up for a role in Disney’s upcoming epic, “King Arthur”. It’s Good news for Edgerton, who has been trying to score a gig abroad ever since his profile was raised with the Lucas prequel.
Among the projects he has tested for is “Superman”, Going for the part of an evil alien. He was also – surprisingly enough – offered the chance to test for the hero himself, but decided it had to be a dud role if every man and his dog had already passed on it. Fair enough.
“King Arthur” could be a nice opening into the Hollywood system. His role – as Gawain – is likely to be quite small, but that’s not the point. It’s a big movie. It could do wonders for him. Remember, Russell Crowe’s first US Movie was “The Quick and the Dead” and he only appeared for a handful of scenes in it. Now look where he is.
Edgerton’s one of the finest actors in oz at the moment, so it’s no surprise he’s going somewhere.
If he joins “King Arthur” he’ll be joining a cast that includes Keira Knightley, Stellan Skarsgard, Ken Stott, Ray Stevenson, Sean Gilder, and Clive Owen, who plays the title character.
Thanks to FilmForce
- Tron 3 ascends into title territory - March 31, 2015
- Superhero Movie Updates : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Deadpool, The Flash, TMNT - March 31, 2015
- NBC bringing The Wiz to Television! - March 31, 2015
- Basu boards Metal Gear Solid - March 31, 2015
- Blunt joins Krasinski in Animal Crackers - March 31, 2015
- Aussie film These Final Hours adapted for Television - March 31, 2015
- Jurassic World director bites into Henry - March 31, 2015
- Rip Hunter is coming to The CW! - March 31, 2015
- Mortal Instruments now a TV show instead - March 31, 2015
- Vacation takes the Holiday Road to new July date - March 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.