Hugh Jackman seems to be becoming the new Brad Pitt, Arnie even. Every time a new project is announced his name usually soon pops up afterwards as a potential star – whether or not he’s even been approached. In the last couple of months Jackman’s been rumoured to star in “Truth, Justice and the American Way” [he’s not], a Bill Bixby biopic, and of course, a “Wolverine” spin-off. Now, according to the rumour mill, Hugh’s about to play Persian leader King Cyrus.
According to The Age, Jackman will star in the $70 million biblical epic, which centres on The first Achaemenian Emperor, Cyrus, who was well known for founding the famous Persian Empire and leading it in numerous military victories including Babylon although he was seen as a liberator rather than a conqueror as he allowed many nations to keep their way of life unchanged. According to the paper, Sean Connery and Angelina Jolie are also tipped for roles.
The UK financed film is being described as "A film along the lines of Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia" by director Alex Jovy.
Fingers crossed on this one – it sounds quite superb.
Thanks to Dark Horizons
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
- The Girl with the Reliable R2 Unit - January 21, 2015
- Lee, Ashbrook, Fenn, Ontkean back for Twin Peaks - January 19, 2015
- Gremlins reboot on pause - January 18, 2015
- Star of new Ring sequel announced - January 18, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.