Hugh Jackman seems to be becoming the new Brad Pitt, Arnie even. Every time a new project is announced his name usually soon pops up afterwards as a potential star – whether or not he’s even been approached. In the last couple of months Jackman’s been rumoured to star in “Truth, Justice and the American Way” [he’s not], a Bill Bixby biopic, and of course, a “Wolverine” spin-off. Now, according to the rumour mill, Hugh’s about to play Persian leader King Cyrus.
According to The Age, Jackman will star in the $70 million biblical epic, which centres on The first Achaemenian Emperor, Cyrus, who was well known for founding the famous Persian Empire and leading it in numerous military victories including Babylon although he was seen as a liberator rather than a conqueror as he allowed many nations to keep their way of life unchanged. According to the paper, Sean Connery and Angelina Jolie are also tipped for roles.
The UK financed film is being described as "A film along the lines of Gladiator and Lawrence of Arabia" by director Alex Jovy.
Fingers crossed on this one – it sounds quite superb.
Thanks to Dark Horizons
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.