A British newspaper [oh yes, so trusting..] is reporting that Joel Schumacher has finally picked his Christine for the film adaptation of “Phantom of the Opera”. And it’s not Katie Holmes, it’s not Charlotte Church and it’s not Rosie O’Donnell – not that the last one was even in the running.
According to The Daily Mail, "Emmy Rossum had been signed on to star as Christine, the young woman who becomes the object of desire for The Phantom of the Opera. She will star in Joel Schumacher’s movie (based on ALW’s musical), with Gerard Butler as the disfigured musical maestro who stalks her through the Paris Opera. Ms Rossum will be just 17 when cameras start rolling at Pinewood studios. Schumacher picked her because she can act – and she satisfied Lloyd Webber’s insistence that his Christine have a terrific voice".
Take this with a grain of salt folks, because there’s apparently trouble with Gerard Butler, so claiming he’s still the star is a huge oversight.
Thanks to Dark Horizons
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.