Ok so a “Buffy” movie is a long way down the track [if ever] but one Joss Whedon series which definitely looks like heading to the big screen is “Firefly”. The show lasted about an arms length on TV, but in that time, picked up quite a few fans. Needless to say, Whedon and co. would like the adventures of Capt. Mal Reynolds and crew to continue.
Talking to SciFi Wire, actor Nathan Fillion spilled the beans on a possible movie. "Right now, our hopes and dreams are pinned on a Firefly movie, which TV can’t cancel us out of," Fillion said in an interview at the May 18 Saturn Awards, where he was honored with Cinescape’s Face of the Future Award. "We’re talking silver screen, wide release, big old deal. So everything’s looking very positive, so we’re going to keep our fingers crossed."
Series creator Joss Whedon would write and direct the movie, Fillion added.
Meantime, the show will also gain new life on DVD, which Fillon is currently working on. "I just finished commentary with Alan Tudyk [Wash] on ‘War Stories,’ an episode where he and I got tortured. … And then, Monday, I go in to do audio commentary with Joss Whedon for ‘Serenity,’ the two-hour pilot."
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.