Ok so a “Buffy” movie is a long way down the track [if ever] but one Joss Whedon series which definitely looks like heading to the big screen is “Firefly”. The show lasted about an arms length on TV, but in that time, picked up quite a few fans. Needless to say, Whedon and co. would like the adventures of Capt. Mal Reynolds and crew to continue.
Talking to SciFi Wire, actor Nathan Fillion spilled the beans on a possible movie. "Right now, our hopes and dreams are pinned on a Firefly movie, which TV can’t cancel us out of," Fillion said in an interview at the May 18 Saturn Awards, where he was honored with Cinescape’s Face of the Future Award. "We’re talking silver screen, wide release, big old deal. So everything’s looking very positive, so we’re going to keep our fingers crossed."
Series creator Joss Whedon would write and direct the movie, Fillion added.
Meantime, the show will also gain new life on DVD, which Fillon is currently working on. "I just finished commentary with Alan Tudyk [Wash] on ‘War Stories,’ an episode where he and I got tortured. … And then, Monday, I go in to do audio commentary with Joss Whedon for ‘Serenity,’ the two-hour pilot."
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.