A year or so back, the Aussie crews were in turmoil wondering if there would be any more work. It came hot on the heels of news that the “Pitch Black” sequel wasn’t being shot down under [like the first film was], that “Scooby Doo 2” didn’t want to even hear the word “Queensland” and that Darren Aronosfky’s “The Fountain” had fallen apart at the seams leaving film crews unwaged indefinitely. But there’s a shimmering luminosity on the horizon it seems..
According to Variety, Bazz Luhrmann has decided to make “Alexander the Great” in Australia after all, after deciding Casablanca – especially after the wave of suicide attacks that killed 41 civilians last week – was too dangerous.
Producer Dino DeLaurentiis had even built a studio to house the film in Ouarzazate, less than 300 miles from Casablanca, but feels the political conditions are too precarious. "Unless the situation changes in five or six months," De Laurentiis said, "any important American actor could be a target. That is a risk I cannot take."
Luhrmann is set to shoot digital footage for the film in November, and ship star Leonardo Di Caprio to oz in January to start shooting.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.