Showing my age now, but I still remember going to see “Back to School” at the local multiplex. Hang on; it wasn’t ‘even’ a Multiplex back then, more like a two screener. Regardless, quite a cack at the time. I mean what’s funnier than seeing portly Rodney Dangerfield going back to college much to the disgust of his teenage son, who also goes there? Ok, Robert Downey Jr’s hair in the film came a close second.
Not content with only remaking sheer films of brilliance, Hollywood has now turned to the 80’s back catalogue. And yep, they’re remaking “Back to School”.
According to Variety, Dangerfield and MGM are headed Back to School, signing a deal to revive the biggest hit in the hound-faced comedian’s feature career.
Dangerfield will be involved in the remake’s development, with an exec producer or producer credit, and likely will do a cameo, though at 81 he won’t reprise his starring role.
MGM is now in discussions with writers on the project. The original grossed more than $91 million when it debuted in 1986. Dangerfield, who helped write the story, played a rich and obnoxious businessman who enrolls in college to encourage his son to go, as well.
What next, “Caddyshack”?
- Tron 3 ascends into title territory - March 31, 2015
- Superhero Movie Updates : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Deadpool, The Flash, TMNT - March 31, 2015
- NBC bringing The Wiz to Television! - March 31, 2015
- Basu boards Metal Gear Solid - March 31, 2015
- Blunt joins Krasinski in Animal Crackers - March 31, 2015
- Aussie film These Final Hours adapted for Television - March 31, 2015
- Jurassic World director bites into Henry - March 31, 2015
- Rip Hunter is coming to The CW! - March 31, 2015
- Mortal Instruments now a TV show instead - March 31, 2015
- Vacation takes the Holiday Road to new July date - March 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.