Denis Leary’s about to get even more animated on us than usual, as he prepares to reprise his voice role in a sequel to Fox’s “Ice Age”.
Empire Online got the goods.
‘Truth is I said to these guys we should make the sequel at the same time we make the original,’ he told us. ‘But studios hate to spend money until they have a guarantee in their hands. So now they’ll have to pay twice as much to get it done and it’ll take twice as much time. But in principle we’ve all agreed that if it worked we’d all go back in.’
And is there a story yet? ‘I think there’s a story – the people at Fox are working on one right now. I think they’re talking about going back into the studios something around late Fall.’
Can we expect all the lead roles – namely Leary, John Leguizamo and Ray Romano – to be reprised? ‘It’ll be the three of us,’ Leary confirmed, ‘without the baby, obviously!’ Later on, Leary admitted that it’s more than a question of creative pride that’s brought him back to the project. ‘If [animated films] a hit they make tons of money! Future actors out there – take the back end on animated films! Guaranteed extra money!’
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.