Was I the only person to get a kick out of the recent remake of “House on Haunted Hill”? Ok, no Vincent Price, but quite a genuinely freaky little effort, and Geoffrey Rush seemed more suited for the role than lilies around a Frog. But alas, I wasn’t very impressed in those other remakes, namely “Thirteen Ghosts”. Might “House of Wax” take-two be worthwhile? Too early to predict, but regardless, that’s on the drawing board over at Dark Castle apparently. Chad and Chris Hayes will rework the original film, which centred on a killer museum curator played by Vincent Price who loses his wax museum to a fire and rebuilds it on the cheap by merely covering corpses in wax. And while on the topic, five films from Herschell Gordon Lewis are also getting remade, and in 3-D. They’re “The Wizard of Gore”, “Blood Feast, She-Devils on Wheels, Color Me Blood Red and Gruesome Twosome”. Believe it or not, each film is budgeted at under $1 million – Sounds acerbically marvellous.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.