Was I the only person to get a kick out of the recent remake of “House on Haunted Hill”? Ok, no Vincent Price, but quite a genuinely freaky little effort, and Geoffrey Rush seemed more suited for the role than lilies around a Frog. But alas, I wasn’t very impressed in those other remakes, namely “Thirteen Ghosts”. Might “House of Wax” take-two be worthwhile? Too early to predict, but regardless, that’s on the drawing board over at Dark Castle apparently. Chad and Chris Hayes will rework the original film, which centred on a killer museum curator played by Vincent Price who loses his wax museum to a fire and rebuilds it on the cheap by merely covering corpses in wax. And while on the topic, five films from Herschell Gordon Lewis are also getting remade, and in 3-D. They’re “The Wizard of Gore”, “Blood Feast, She-Devils on Wheels, Color Me Blood Red and Gruesome Twosome”. Believe it or not, each film is budgeted at under $1 million – Sounds acerbically marvellous.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.