As I said in my “Freaky Friday” review once Disney starts remaking films, you know it’s pretty clear the rework trend is here to stay. Warner Brothers, who own the rights to the “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” are continuing their fine line of remakes, by announcing a newie based on the horror classic. According to Variety, Producers Roy Lee and Doug Davison, who executive produced The Ring for DreamWorks, will produce the updated version. Though as yet no screenwriter is attached, the new version is expected to centre on a female protagonist who uncovers a conspiracy in a small town where the inhabitants’ personalities seem to be changing. Don Siegel’s original 1956 sci-fi/horror pic, based on Jack Finney’s serial story, centres on a hysteria that spreads through a small California town after which townspeople appear to their relatives and friends as strangers while retaining their outward appearances. Hopefully it’ll be better than Warner’s 1993 effort “Body Snatchers”. And finally, according to Cinescape, Victor Salva [“Jeepers Creepers”] is rumoured to be the new films director.
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.