As I said in my “Freaky Friday” review once Disney starts remaking films, you know it’s pretty clear the rework trend is here to stay. Warner Brothers, who own the rights to the “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” are continuing their fine line of remakes, by announcing a newie based on the horror classic. According to Variety, Producers Roy Lee and Doug Davison, who executive produced The Ring for DreamWorks, will produce the updated version. Though as yet no screenwriter is attached, the new version is expected to centre on a female protagonist who uncovers a conspiracy in a small town where the inhabitants’ personalities seem to be changing. Don Siegel’s original 1956 sci-fi/horror pic, based on Jack Finney’s serial story, centres on a hysteria that spreads through a small California town after which townspeople appear to their relatives and friends as strangers while retaining their outward appearances. Hopefully it’ll be better than Warner’s 1993 effort “Body Snatchers”. And finally, according to Cinescape, Victor Salva [“Jeepers Creepers”] is rumoured to be the new films director.
- Netflix’s Daredevil shows us a Kingpin! - March 3, 2015
- Star Wars spin-off writer ripostes! - March 3, 2015
- Lily Allen in Fifty Shades Darker? - March 3, 2015
- Sounds as good as official : Michael Biehn’s back for Alien 5 - March 3, 2015
- Superhero Bits : Supergirl, Suicide Squad, Batman - March 3, 2015
- Red-Band Trailer : Get Hard - March 3, 2015
- Casting : Black, Cuban, Berg, Rousey, Uwais, Dornan, Murphy - March 3, 2015
- Killing alum is Shondra’s latest Catch - March 3, 2015
- Orphan Black season 3 trailer - March 3, 2015
- Valderrama joins that Minority Report show - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.