Jane Campion’s saucy new flick “In the Cut” – about a New York writing teacher caught in a relationship with a hard-edged New York cop during a murder investigation – has been given an R rating in Australia. The R rating, for high-level sex scenes and medium-level violence, reflects the film’s frankness in dealing with desire and trust, says the Sydney Morning Herald. Australian distributor Ross Entwistle, managing director of Columbia TriStar Films, was not surprised by the tough rating. "That’s very much what we expected," he said yesterday. "And it doesn’t bother us. It’s a picture that’s made for adults." Entwistle said the film showed Campion’s imprint on the thriller genre. "She’s been successful in elevating what was otherwise a straight genre piece to a really intelligent thriller." Campion has been trying to cut the film for the U.S so she doesn’t get an NC-17. Apparently Australia – where it commences in November – will be treated to ‘The Directors Cut’. Everyone got their spectacles on for a bit of Meg Ryan in the buff feat?
- NBC bringing The Wiz to Television! - March 31, 2015
- Basu boards Metal Gear Solid - March 31, 2015
- Blunt joins Krasinski in Animal Crackers - March 31, 2015
- Aussie film These Final Hours adapted for Television - March 31, 2015
- Jurassic World director bites into Henry - March 31, 2015
- Rip Hunter is coming to The CW! - March 31, 2015
- Mortal Instruments now a TV show instead - March 31, 2015
- Vacation takes the Holiday Road to new July date - March 31, 2015
- Weinstein’s hit Gold - March 31, 2015
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.