Kate Winslet was once considered to be his first choice for it, but seems with her star falling and Naomi Watts rising, “King Kong” director Peter Jackson only has eyes for the spunky Aussie. According to Variety, Jackson has offered the lead role to Watts for Universal’s Christmas 2005 film.
Since drawing attention for Mulholland Drive, Watts has been in career overdrive, due largely to her last appearance in a remake, starring in the DreamWorks hit redo The Ring. In King Kong, Watts would play Ann Darrow, an American actress who makes a living performing in Broadway song and dance shows in Depression-era New York. Jackson has written the script with Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, his co-conspirators for scripts on The Lord of the Rings trilogy. The film will shoot in New Zealand, where Jackson has built formidable soundstages and special effects studios. Jessica Lange sobs in into her mashed pumpkin lunch treat.
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
- Dermot Mulroney is Open for Christmas - March 4, 2015
- Netflix to air Beasts of No Nation - March 4, 2015
- Buffy vs. Darth Vader! - March 4, 2015
- Netflix’s Daredevil shows us a Kingpin! - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.