Gloria Estefan is set to….hey, come back?! – in a film based on fifties singing star Connie Francis. According to ThisisLondon – via Dark Horizons – the voice behind Miami Sound Machine was hand picked to play the part by Francis herself after the renowned singer had it pointed out to her just how much Estefan looked like Francis on the cover of her 1993 album “Mi Tierra”. According to the site, the biggest female star of the 1950s, Francis had a string of hits including Lipstick On Your Collar, Stupid Cupid and Who’s Sorry Now. But her life was nearly destroyed in 1974 when she was raped and beaten at knifepoint in a New York motel room following a show. Estefan said: "Connie approached me two years ago and we have been working on the film ever since. Parts of her story are very harrowing – as well as the rape ordeal she had an abusive relationship with her father. But it is ultimately a positive story and I wanted to tell it because Connie has long been a heroine of mine." Danny De Vito and Olympia Dukakis are being lined up to play Francis’s parents.
- Trailer : Masterminds - March 31, 2015
- When will we see the next Star Wars trailer!? - March 31, 2015
- Shrek to appear in new Puss in Boots sequel? - March 31, 2015
- Disney developing live-action Mulan - March 31, 2015
- Tron 3 ascends into title territory - March 31, 2015
- Superhero Movie Updates : X-Men, Suicide Squad, Deadpool, The Flash, TMNT - March 31, 2015
- NBC bringing The Wiz to Television! - March 31, 2015
- Basu boards Metal Gear Solid - March 31, 2015
- Blunt joins Krasinski in Animal Crackers - March 31, 2015
- Aussie film These Final Hours adapted for Television - March 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.