Frontrunner –apparently- for “Superman”, Brendan Fraser finally talked about the offer to USA Weekend, but funnily enough he doesn’t even sound confident that the movie will go ahead. "I’m not sure that film is going to get made, so stay tuned," he says. But he might like the role if the timing is right. The problem? "The actor who plays that role is forevermore identified as that character. Is it right for me? I don’t know." Meantime, There’s movement on the new “Phantom” movie over at Crusader Entertainment and Hyde Park. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Olympic gold medalist-turned-feature film scribe Mel Stewart has been tapped to pen the tale of the heroic man in purple tights. It is understood that the updated version will be modernized.
"While I like the comic book franchises of the 1990s, I always wanted to be able to identify with my hero more," Stewart said. "Take all of the technology of 2004, where science fiction is no longer that — it’s science fact. If you had all that technology at your fingerprints, you would be a superhero." That is "The Phantom," Stewart adds. Former sportsman Stewart won three medals — two gold and one bronze – as a swimmer in the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona, Spain. Wonder if he’ll instil a water constituent to “The Phantom”?
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.