Wondered how this would work out. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the two competing movies titled "Beauty Shop" have led MGM to file a copyright infringement and breach of contract suit against writer-director Mark Brown. Brown is one of the creators of MGM’s "Barbershop" franchise, which is set to spin off a movie called "Beauty Shop," but Brown already is in preproduction with an indie project of his own, also called "Beauty Shop" and set in a black-run beauty parlor. Huh? The suit, filed Nov. 7 in U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, seeks injunctive relief to prohibit Brown from developing his competing "Beauty Shop" into a film as well as unspecified damages. It names Brown, Beauty Shop Llc., Brown’s Renegade Pictures and C4 Pictures as defendants. Brown received screenplay and producer credit on the original "Barbershop" and is an executive producer on the upcoming "Barbershop 2." MGM’s suit claims that he is "developing, producing and marketing a screenplay and motion picture entitled ‘Beauty Shop’ that is competitive with, and highly similar to, the films in MGM’s ‘Barbershop’ motion picture franchise with full knowledge of MGM’s prior use and exclusive rights in the ‘Barbershop’. Spanky, Spanky, Spanky…
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.