Ang “Those Hulk fans want your head on a stick” Lee has decided on his next film project. Lee is circling a big-screen adaptation of the epic love story "Brokeback Mountain" for Focus Features, says The Hollywood Reporter. The project is based on a short story by E. Annie Proulx and is being adapted by Proulx and "Lonesome Dove" author Larry McMurtry.
The project is an epic love story set against the sweeping vistas of Wyoming and Texas and centering on two young men — a ranch hand and a rodeo cowboy — who meet in the summer of 1961. Unexpectedly, the two forge a lifelong connection, with complications, joys and tragedies that provide a testament to the endurance and power of love. "Brokeback" was at one time being eyed by Gus Van Sant for Columbia Pictures to distribute but ended up under development at Good Machine when Sony’s option expired. Former Good Machine partners David Linde and James Schamus now co-head Focus. "Brokeback" would keep Lee in the Universal fold as Focus is Universal’s specialty arm. It also would mark the first project for the helmer that hasn’t been penned by Schamus since 1995’s "Sense and Sensibility."
In related news, Lee told WhatDVD magazine that he’s not interested in directing the recently announced “Hulk” sequel. Thank God!
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.