Tim Allen seems to be on a good thing. Much of that can he probably thank Disney for. After starring as “The Santa Clause” in two rather successful holiday comedies, the former stand-up comic turned jail-bird turned TV star is set to star in a remake of the old Dean Jones comedy “The Shaggy Dog”.
Disney has set a July start date for its remake and the studio has asked Brian Robbins [“The Perfect Score’] to direct the actor as a man who occasionally changes into a sheepdog. According to Variety, the studio reportedly had many screenwriters try to figure out how to turn the 1959 film into a suitable vehicle for Allen. The new version will be based on the storyline from “The Shaggy D.A”, a sequel to the original film. Allen will play a lawyer whose devotion to his career comes at the expense of his family. His transformation into a dog hampers his career, but teaches him to be a better father and husband. Allen is next starring in the Joe Roth-directed “Skipping Christmas”, Revolution’s adaptation of the John Grisham book. He’ll follow with “The Shaggy Dog” and move to either the third installment of “The Santa Clause” or the Revolution comedy “In the Pink”. Busy all the same, ey?
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.