Mick Molloy and Tony Martin are coming together again
The Herald Sun reports that former radio unit Mick Molloy and Tony Martin are coming together again – sans the panel, carts and ad-breaks.
Martin – not surprisingly, it’s a mates thing – will film a cameo in funnyman Molloy’s next flick “BoyTown”, about a boy band of the 80’s who are trying to launch a comeback. Molloy will play Glenny G, a Hawke-era pop superstar turned suburban schoolteacher who, after hearing a cover version of one of his songs on the radio, decides to have another crack at the big time. [No word on whether ex-bandmates from “RatCat” or “Kids in the Kitchen” are serving as script supervisors].
Bob Franklin, and “Crash Burn” co-star Wayne Hope have also signed on to do their thing.
According to Dark Horizons, the film, written by brothers Mick and Richard Molloy, might also be interested in the comedic talents of Glenn Robbins, Stephen Curry and Jason Donovan, to play the other members of the band.
As long as I get my band member as an over-eager community radio show host of the 1980’s – It’s got my vote. Will await your call Mick.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.