A cinematic sponge cake?
Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Costner, Shirley MacLaine, Mark Ruffalo, Mena Suvari, Richard Jenkins, Mike Vogel, Christopher McDonald
Jennifer Aniston films are the equivalent of a sponge cake. They’re light, they’re fluffy, and they’re reasonably appetizing – but a spread of sugary icing on top would make it so much better.
From the outset, “Rumor Has It” looks as if it has a nice top of sweet spread, but upon closer investigation you realise it’s merely the artificial type – worth a look, not a lick.
It is an easy mistake to make, especially with a film with as pretty packaging as this has. Not only is the cast to-die-for – Kevin Costner, Shirley MacLaine, Mena Suvari and Mark Ruffalo also feature – but also the storyline is an absolute doozie.
In the film, the former TV sitcom sweetheart plays a baffled young woman whose life takes a dramatic turn when she discovers her grandmother (a scene-stealing Shirley MacLaine) was the inspiration for Mrs Robinson, the senior seducer of the book/film “The Graduate”. It gets worse: She discovers the guy that Dustin Hoffman played in the movie – Kevin Costner in another nice role after his bravura turn in “Upside of Anger” – could in fact be her father. [Full Review]
- Captain America : Civil War Character Reveal? - January 26, 2015
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.