Mini-series based on the Boxing Day tragedy
The Nine Network in Australia has announced “Tsunami”, a harrowing new mini-series headlined by one of our country’s top exports, Toni Collette.
This compelling and powerful mini-series, on the Boxing Day tsunami and its latent events, is a tale of personal loss. Tsunami follows a group of fictitious characters whose lives are irrevocably transformed that fateful day in 2004.
Produced by the BBC and filmed on location in Phuket and Khao Lak, and collaborating with local communities, Nine’s special event returns to many of the locations and landmarks affected by the tsunami.
Collette’s most recent film was the Australian crime thriller “Like Minds”. She next appears in “Hey, Hey, It’s Esther Blueburger” with Keisha Castle-Hughes.
“Tsunami” will air in 2007.
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
- Dumb guys want Carrey for Deep Cover - December 18, 2014
- North Korea responsible for Sony attack - December 18, 2014
- Sony not releasing The Interview now - December 18, 2014
- Trailer : Alien Outpost - December 17, 2014
- Peter Dinklage vs. girly Ghostbusters? - December 17, 2014
- Cinemas dropping The Interview after threats - December 17, 2014
- The Water Diviner - December 17, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.