“Short Circuit” getting remade, now?
Moviehole has got word (fairly solid word) that yet another 80s classic is about to get the remake treatment – and I think I just spewed in my mouth a little.
“Shirt Circuit”, John Badham’s 1986 sci-fi comedy/adventure, about a wacky experimental government robot named Johnny 5 who flees the government and ultimately ends up hiding out with a suburban sweetie (Ally Sheedy), is about to get a contemporary do-over.
There have been rumours about some kind of continuation of the franchise for a while now, but this is the first that someone up the food chain has actually acknowledged the buzz. It’s believed some of the original gang – sans Badham – are involved in the remake.
The original film, which starred Guttenberg, Sheedy, Fisher Stevens, G.W Bailey and Tim Blanley as the voice of ‘No.5′, made over $40 million on its release in 1986.
Thanks to ‘Rick Rossovich’s arm-hair’
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.