John Whiteshell on the long-planned sequel
Speaking to Film Monthly, “Deck the Halls” director John Whiteshell (Sure to have a few good DeVito drinking stories, hey?) euthanized plans for a “Cats & Dogs” sequel.
The sequel had been in the works for a couple of years, but they just couldn’t get it together.
“That has pretty much from my end of it, pretty much dead on that.”, the filmmaker says. “We never really could get a script that we thought that everybody thought really worked and I think that it’s a very expensive movie to make and I think that Warner Bros really wants to feel like they’ve got the script first and so I haven’t really worked at that actively for a year, year and half.”
Tippett Studios’ – who had worked on the effects for the first film – Todd LaBonte recently told Moviehole that the company had done a fair bit of work on the sequel, but he wasn’t sure when it was going to get off the ground.
“There is a sequel, we did tests for it. It has been put on the back burner. We’ve got a different cast of cats and dogs this time”, he says, “Apparently the sequel is still going to happen but it won’t be with the same voice cast now”.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.