Classic 80’s sci-fi thriller getting remade?
I dunno about you guys, but I think it might be time to pick up the pitch fork, put texter to banner and pull up a seat outside the big-wigs-with-wigs gates. If it isn’t enough that Tinseltown’s dropping remade turds like “The Fog”, “When A Stranger Calls” and “Love Don’t Cost A Thing” into the cinematic sewer – they’re now setting their sights on cooler-than-ice classics like “The Hidden”. The sweat drops from the brow…
Yep, the 1987 thriller classic is about to get the redo treatment, says Cinescape. Now called “The Seed”,
it’ll be written by Rock Shaink Jr. and Mark Jonathan Stanley. In the original, a cop is on the trail of an alien entity that is floating from body to body.
How about we make a deal guys? either a) Do it flippin’ justice or b) take “The Hidden II” and remake that. That, I will admit, could do with a once-over.
Backtracking, there is a chance that this might be OK. Rock Shaink has written a few good little films over the past couple of years – none which you may have seen – so he may be able to ‘bring it’. Guess we’ll see.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.