Classic 80’s sci-fi thriller getting remade?
I dunno about you guys, but I think it might be time to pick up the pitch fork, put texter to banner and pull up a seat outside the big-wigs-with-wigs gates. If it isn’t enough that Tinseltown’s dropping remade turds like “The Fog”, “When A Stranger Calls” and “Love Don’t Cost A Thing” into the cinematic sewer – they’re now setting their sights on cooler-than-ice classics like “The Hidden”. The sweat drops from the brow…
Yep, the 1987 thriller classic is about to get the redo treatment, says Cinescape. Now called “The Seed”,
it’ll be written by Rock Shaink Jr. and Mark Jonathan Stanley. In the original, a cop is on the trail of an alien entity that is floating from body to body.
How about we make a deal guys? either a) Do it flippin’ justice or b) take “The Hidden II” and remake that. That, I will admit, could do with a once-over.
Backtracking, there is a chance that this might be OK. Rock Shaink has written a few good little films over the past couple of years – none which you may have seen – so he may be able to ‘bring it’. Guess we’ll see.
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- Wonder Years‘ Fred Savage returning to TV - March 4, 2015
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.