Why didn’t it happen?
Imagine this : A spectacular fifth “Alien” movie that would re-team director James Cameron with Sigourney Weaver.
Then, imagine this : Twentieth Century Fox decide to shelve that one, and instead do an “Alien Vs.Predator” movie.
James Cameron told Aint it Cool that he was working on an “Alien 5” at the time the studio commissioned the “AVP” movie.
“I started working on a story, I was working with another writer and Fox came back to me and said, “We’ve got this really good script for Alien Vs.Predator and I got pretty upset. I said, “You do that you’re going to kill the validity of the franchise in my mind.” Because to me, that was Frankenstein Meets Werewolf. It was Universal just taking their assets and starting to play them off against each other”, he says, adding “So, I stopped work”.
There is one project that Cameron was linked to years ago that he’s still very much involved in, “Coffin”, a collaboration with “Hellboy” director Guillermo del Toro.
“Coffin is definitely not dead and Guillermo says he still wants to make it. He’s just finishing up his Spanish film right now”.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.