But will it be “A Shot in the Dark”?
Haven’t seen the film yet, so I’ll reserve judgment till then, but according to IESB.net, MGM have already decided to push ahead with a second “Pink Panther” movie.
No doubt Steve Martin will be back, as he’s expressed his willingness to continue the character in the mass of interviews he has done of late. (And with that other cash cow of a franchise, “Cheaper by the Dozen”, winding up – apparently they just can’t make deals with the youngsters of the series, who are all too well-known now, so they’ve abandoned plans for a third instalment – he’s beseeching a good franchise to lasso himself to).
Not that this sequel will be following the same storyline – I’m guessing – but the first sequel in the original series was “A Shot in the Dark”. In it, Clouseau (Peter Sellers) is on the hunt for a killer, but much to the dismay of his boss, won’t consider for a moment that the prime suspect, the beautiful maid Maria, could be involved.
“Dark” was one of the bright spots of the original franchise, so it wouldn’t hurt for them to consider ‘borrowing’ some of it’s elements for the sequel redo. But many, I’m sure, would just rather the studio left the bumbling French dick alone.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.