Four more “Crouching Tiger” movies in the works
There have been mutterings over the years of a “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” sequel or prequel – and now, it seems martial-arts buffs will get their wish. The Weinstein’s have announced – sorry, did your dreams just flitter out the window? – that they’ll be doing, in addition to stage play of one, no less, another four films in the “Tiger” series, all based on the books by Wang Du Lu.
According to Variety, Bob and Harvey are planning 3 prequels and one sequel to the Ang Lee hit – they’re yet to decide which titles they’ll do though of “Crane Frightens KunLun,” “Precious Sword,” “Golden Hairpin,” “Sword Spirit, Pearl Light,” “Tiger” and “Iron Knight, Silver Vase” – and they’re hoping to entice Oscar Winner Lee (“Brokeback Mountain”) to get involved. (I guess that’ll all depend on whether Ben Affleck is cast as Master Li Mu Bai or not).
“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”, starring Chow Yun-Fat, Michelle Yeoh, Chen Chang, Ziyi Zhang, Sihung Lung, Pei-pei Cheng, Fazeng Li, and Xian Gao – was actually the fourth chapter in the series of books by Lu. Thankfully, the brothers don’t plan to remake that one as part of their new series.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.