Hoffman up for role in new “Trek”?
If J.J Abrams is anything, it’s loyal.
Not only can we pretty much expect a cameo from Greg Grunberg – I’m assuming – in Abrams’ just-announced “Star Trek 11”, but the “M:I 3” director is even considering casting Philip Seymour Hoffman, the villain of the former, in the new Enterprise jaunt.
According to IGN FilmForce, the Oscar Winner is being considered for a role as the ship’s doctor in the film – but no, he won’t be playing the younger Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy.
As announced on Friday, the new film – which Abrams will produce and direct – will be set after the events of TV’s “Enterprise”, but before the events of the original “Star Trek” series. It will fix on the very first adventure that Kirk and Spock share together, having met at the Starfleet Academy.
I’m still wondering how the heck they’re going to find a young Kirk or young Spock….I guess they’ll go the look-a-like route, but here’s hoping, their dupes can act.
Thanks to ‘Stax’
- Superbowl Spot : Insurgent - January 31, 2015
- The CW releases another iZombie promo - January 31, 2015
- Deepwater Horizon : Chandor Out, Berg In - January 31, 2015
- Cast fills for Franco’s In Dubious Battle - January 31, 2015
- Nicolas Cage’s latest lands a Hobbit - January 31, 2015
- Rose Byrne back for next X-Men - January 31, 2015
- Orphan Black star gets lead in Star Wars spin-off!? - January 31, 2015
- Leia may face a Hutt again in The Force Awakens - January 31, 2015
- Affleck, Schoenaerts are HBO’s Lewis and Clark - January 31, 2015
- Production begins on Zoo - January 31, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.