Producer is dead keen to see the film series continue
Seems the “Star Wars” film franchise mightn’t have ended with Vader ‘rising’ from that bench, after all…well, not if Lucasfilm’s Rick McCallum has his way, anyway.
Asked by IESB if he would like to continue the “Star Wars” series on the big screen, Uncle George’s right-hand man said he’d “definitely” love to see another “Star Wars” film back at theatres before you, me, and Judd Nelson are six feet in soil.
Assumingly, any new “Star Wars” movie/movies won’t have anything to do with the long-suffering Skywalker clan, but centre on another bunch of galactic space heroes. If I were a betting man – and for the sake of my bookie reading this news item, I aren’t – I’d put money on a film idea spawning from the “Star Wars” TV series that is currently in early-development. It’s said to be fixing around the world of the bountyhunters. Now, how cool would a film about some of those hired guns, like Bobba Fett, be? Just guess work.
Meantime, McCallum confirmed that the original “Star Wars” films will be re-issued at theatres in future – as 3-D releases. Nice.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.