The 1984 film starring Dennis Quaid and Kate Capshaw
Kyle Newman, writer/director of the forthcoming “Revenge of the Nerds” remake, tells IESB and Collider that he’s had discussions about possibly calling the shots on another 80’s redo, Dennis Quaid starrer “Dreamscape”.
Remember that little video classic?
In it, Quaid (looking very ‘Indiana Jones’ on the VHS sleeve, from memory) played a clairvoyant who decides to use his powers for good – instead of gambling, as one normally would – and enter the minds of some folks who are having disconcerting nightmares. Unfortunately, there’s another psychic on the scene – who is using his powers for eeeeeeeevvvvil.
Kate Capshaw, Max Von Sydow, and Christopher Plummer also starred in the film, which was directed by Joseph Ruben.
It only made about $2 million bucks, stateside, on it’s opening weekend back in August of 1984, but the film did have a good idea behind it, so not really surprised Hollywood’s looking to do it again.
So whom do you think would make a good Alex Gardner?
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.