The 1984 film starring Dennis Quaid and Kate Capshaw
Kyle Newman, writer/director of the forthcoming “Revenge of the Nerds” remake, tells IESB and Collider that he’s had discussions about possibly calling the shots on another 80’s redo, Dennis Quaid starrer “Dreamscape”.
Remember that little video classic?
In it, Quaid (looking very ‘Indiana Jones’ on the VHS sleeve, from memory) played a clairvoyant who decides to use his powers for good – instead of gambling, as one normally would – and enter the minds of some folks who are having disconcerting nightmares. Unfortunately, there’s another psychic on the scene – who is using his powers for eeeeeeeevvvvil.
Kate Capshaw, Max Von Sydow, and Christopher Plummer also starred in the film, which was directed by Joseph Ruben.
It only made about $2 million bucks, stateside, on it’s opening weekend back in August of 1984, but the film did have a good idea behind it, so not really surprised Hollywood’s looking to do it again.
So whom do you think would make a good Alex Gardner?
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.