ABC isn’t quite finished with it just yet
As you’ll no doubt have heard by now, “Commander-in-Chief” didn’t get picked up for a second season.
But, it might be becoming a movie. Or rather, telemovie.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, ABC Entertainment president Steve McPherson said at a meeting with reporters that “Commander in Chief” wasn’t completely retired yet. McPherson said he had been pitched an idea for a two-hour movie by creator and former executive producer Rod Lurie, and was considering it.
Nice. Like this show.
The one-hour drama about the nation’s first female president (Geena Davis) didn’t catch on in the ratings, having been pulled off Tuesdays earlier in the season and failing to get traction Thursdays at 10 p.m. It was yanked off the schedule weeks ago and wasn’t on the ABC 2006-07 primetime schedule announced early Tuesday.