cast off the traditional way of martial-arts moviemaking by, pleasantly, adding just as much plot, to compensate for the pow!
“The Legendary Weapons of China”
Director: Lau Kar-leung,
Starring: Lau Kar-leung, Lau Kar-wing, Hsiao Hou
Regarded as one of the best martial-arts films ever, 1982’s “The Legendary Weapons of China” cast off the traditional way of martial-arts moviemaking by, pleasantly, adding just as much plot, to compensate for the pow!. With its added detail and stronger storyline, it’s one of those films that even casual fans of the genre seem to enjoy.
One of the later Shaw Bros releases, it fixes on pugilism expert Lui Gung (Lau Kar-leung) who has decided to disband the group known as the Yi Ho Society. Suddenly, Gung discovers he’s a target for elimination with three different assassins – all unaware of the other – assigned to push the button.
A great finale, featuring some of the best weapons work ever.
Reviewer : Clint Morris
- Chris Pine won’t be back as Jack Ryan - December 25, 2014
- The Interview now available online! - December 25, 2014
- Trailer : Entourage - December 24, 2014
- Waterston bytes into Steve Jobs biopic - December 24, 2014
- Screw you Kim! The Interview to open Christmas day! - December 24, 2014
- Trailer : The Longest Ride - December 23, 2014
- Blunt, Tatum, Penn for Sinister Six? - December 23, 2014
- Bruce Campbell on the Evil Dead series - December 23, 2014
- New Selma trailer, lyric video - December 23, 2014
- Justin Lin directing Star Trek 3 - December 23, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.