cast off the traditional way of martial-arts moviemaking by, pleasantly, adding just as much plot, to compensate for the pow!
“The Legendary Weapons of China”
Director: Lau Kar-leung,
Starring: Lau Kar-leung, Lau Kar-wing, Hsiao Hou
Regarded as one of the best martial-arts films ever, 1982’s “The Legendary Weapons of China” cast off the traditional way of martial-arts moviemaking by, pleasantly, adding just as much plot, to compensate for the pow!. With its added detail and stronger storyline, it’s one of those films that even casual fans of the genre seem to enjoy.
One of the later Shaw Bros releases, it fixes on pugilism expert Lui Gung (Lau Kar-leung) who has decided to disband the group known as the Yi Ho Society. Suddenly, Gung discovers he’s a target for elimination with three different assassins – all unaware of the other – assigned to push the button.
A great finale, featuring some of the best weapons work ever.
Reviewer : Clint Morris
- Netflix’s Daredevil shows us a Kingpin! - March 3, 2015
- Star Wars spin-off writer ripostes! - March 3, 2015
- Lily Allen in Fifty Shades Darker? - March 3, 2015
- Sounds as good as official : Michael Biehn’s back for Alien 5 - March 3, 2015
- Superhero Bits : Supergirl, Suicide Squad, Batman - March 3, 2015
- Red-Band Trailer : Get Hard - March 3, 2015
- Casting : Black, Cuban, Berg, Rousey, Uwais, Dornan, Murphy - March 3, 2015
- Killing alum is Shondra’s latest Catch - March 3, 2015
- Orphan Black season 3 trailer - March 3, 2015
- Valderrama joins that Minority Report show - March 3, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.