Whilst a lot of it doesn’t make much sense, the film still looks rather magnificent – the cinematography is absolutely exquisite
“The Dragon Chronicles”
Director: Andy Chin
Starring: Gong Li, Brigitte Lin, Cheung Man
The one noticeable difference between say, “The Legendary Weapon of China” – or any other decent martial arts movie, for that matter – and “The Dragon Chronicles” is the very noticeable paucity of a coherent plot. Sure, at least it has one, but it comes with a price: a headache, from trying to work out just how the heck is going on!
Based on the novel of the same name, the period martial arts fantasy film centres on two sisters who are both in love with a master of the mystic martial arts, Siu Yiu Tze.
When the latter’s antagonist forces him underground, Tze takes one of those girls with him – leaving the other to swim in her green-eyed rage.
Whilst a lot of it doesn’t make much sense, the film still looks rather magnificent – the cinematography is absolutely exquisite. In addition, a who’s who of the martial arts movie world – including Gong Li and Brigitte Lin – are enough to keep your interested.
Reviewer : Clint Morris
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- Wonder Years‘ Fred Savage returning to TV - March 4, 2015
- First look : Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Snowden - March 4, 2015
- 007 film shut down - March 4, 2015
- Eddie Izzard leads cast of Kohan’s Devil You Know - March 4, 2015
- Leads in Uncle Buck, Rush Hour announced - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.