The tradition of title trickery continues with a C-thriller hoping to mask itself as some sort of cousin to the Harrison Ford blockbuster, “Air Force One”. Fooled? Nah, didn’t think so
“Air Force Two”
Director: Brian Trenchard-Smith
Starring: Mariel Hemingway, David Keith
The tradition of title trickery continues with a C-thriller hoping to mask itself as some sort of cousin to the Harrison Ford blockbuster, “Air Force One”. Fooled? Nah, didn’t think so.
Granted, it mightn’t have a link to the Harrison Ford movie (1997) – the title is bound to throw some people off, I just know – but that doesn’t mean the similarly titled “Air Force Two” isn’t still entertaining. It is, but only in that ‘I’d rather an ice-cream, but this tub of frozen soy yoghurt will do’ way.
Filmed in New Zealand (becoming quite a popular spot for filmmakers, isn’t it?), the thriller centres on a secret service agent (Mariel Hemingway) who must rescue the vice president (David Keith – probably one of the better B actors around) and his fellow survivors from deadly natives and shady pirates, when his plane crashes in hostile territory.
If you’re a fan of action movies, you won’t find it too hard to sit through. All others might wanna look elsewhere.
Reviewer : Clint Morris
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.