Update on the sequel to a Nicholson classic
Director Richard Linklater (“A Scanner Darkly”) tells MTV that he’s still developing the sequel to the Jack Nicholson classic, “The Last Detail”. Just one thing – he hasn’t told Jack about it yet.
“I haven’t even talked to Nicholson about it yet; I don’t even know if he’s read it. … It hasn’t gotten that far down the line. They haven’t made an offer to him yet or anything like that”, he says. “[But] you can’t do it without the Bad Ass,” he laughed, referring to Nicholson’s surly character Billy “Bad Ass” Buddusky.
You also couldn’t do it without Randy Quaid – thankfully, he does have the script. “I sent [Quaid] the script, and he’d be great. I hope he’ll [do it].”
The sequel, “Last Flag Flying”, has Buddusky running a bar and Quaid’s Larry Meadows reuniting with him after the Iraq war takes his son’s life. Rumours persist that Morgan Freeman is interested in taking over the role of Mule from the deceased Otis Young.
“I’m kind of in limbo….”, Linklater laughed.
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
- The Smurfs to return March 31, 2017 - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.