Update on the sequel to a Nicholson classic
Director Richard Linklater (“A Scanner Darkly”) tells MTV that he’s still developing the sequel to the Jack Nicholson classic, “The Last Detail”. Just one thing – he hasn’t told Jack about it yet.
“I haven’t even talked to Nicholson about it yet; I don’t even know if he’s read it. … It hasn’t gotten that far down the line. They haven’t made an offer to him yet or anything like that”, he says. “[But] you can’t do it without the Bad Ass,” he laughed, referring to Nicholson’s surly character Billy “Bad Ass” Buddusky.
You also couldn’t do it without Randy Quaid – thankfully, he does have the script. “I sent [Quaid] the script, and he’d be great. I hope he’ll [do it].”
The sequel, “Last Flag Flying”, has Buddusky running a bar and Quaid’s Larry Meadows reuniting with him after the Iraq war takes his son’s life. Rumours persist that Morgan Freeman is interested in taking over the role of Mule from the deceased Otis Young.
“I’m kind of in limbo….”, Linklater laughed.
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.