With Mario Lopez in the Patrick Swayze role?
Can Hollywood blot our golden reminiscences any more?
Mario Lopez is said to be among the favourites to take on the role of Johnny Castle, the character played by Patrick Swayze, in a remake of “Dirty Dancing”.
Lopez must’ve impressed the film’s producers with his cha-cha as a contestant on TVs ‘Dancing with the Stars’.
According to Sky Showbiz, producers are likely to find an even-lesser known actor to play the female lead. Seems they may be using a reality TV series to find their new ‘Baby’, played in the original by Jennifer Grey.
Original dancin’ man Patrick Swayze tells Sky that he’s appalled that they’re planning a remake. “I think that the original really stands up well and both leads were great!” he laughed. “We seem intent on re-making everything right now.”
This one’s sure to cop a spitting from fans.
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
- Dumb guys want Carrey for Deep Cover - December 18, 2014
- North Korea responsible for Sony attack - December 18, 2014
- Sony not releasing The Interview now - December 18, 2014
- Trailer : Alien Outpost - December 17, 2014
- Peter Dinklage vs. girly Ghostbusters? - December 17, 2014
- Cinemas dropping The Interview after threats - December 17, 2014
- The Water Diviner - December 17, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.