Noyce says he chose “Dark Knight” instead
Filmmaker Phillip Noyce (“Catch a Fire”) confirmed for Moviehole that rumours of Heath Ledger no longer onboard the director’s forthcoming film adaptation of “Dirt Music”, a movie based on the Tim Winton book, are true. Ledger is indeed off the project.
“He’s doing The Joker, instead”, Noyce says, referring to Ledger’s role as the villain of the next “Batman” movie, “The Dark Knight”.
Rachel Weisz is still attached to play the female lead.
Noyce has been prepping the film – he originally was after Nicole Kidman to star – which tells of a woman at a crossroads in her life, for quite a few years now.
Oscar Winner Weisz will star as Georgie Jutland, an alcoholic who lives with a widowed fisherman and his two young sons who finds herself drawn to a local fish poach.
Noyce and his Rumbalara Films partner Miranda Culley are producing, and the script was originally adapted by Justin Monjo, who previously adapted Winton’s novel “Cloudstreet” into a stage hit. Pip Karmel did the most recent draft.
- Trailer : Little Boy - March 4, 2015
- Trailer : Big Game - March 4, 2015
- Redmayne, Vikander in The Danish Girl out November 27 - March 4, 2015
- Trailer : Avengers : Age of Ultron - March 4, 2015
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
- Warner lands a Green Lantern! - March 4, 2015
- Wonder Years‘ Fred Savage returning to TV - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.