And E.T’s mother is now Laurie Strode’s mother!
As any regular reader of the site knows, I’m not the biggest fan of these incessant horror remakes. I don’t hate them, in fact, some of them are quite good – Didn’t mind what they did with “The Hills Have Eyes” and “When A Stranger Calls”, and back in the 80s, adored Cronenberg’s “The Fly” – but the thing is, they make money, they’re easier sells than dope-laced muffins, and they’re simpler to put together than an office desk so… they’re not going anywhere.
Next horror classic set to be cloned is – another Cronenberg film, funnily enough – “Scanners”, the ‘A scientist sends a man with extraordinary psychic powers to hunt others like him’ sci-fi classic from 1982.
According to Bloody Disgusting, Darren Lynn Bousman (“Saw 2”, “Saw 3”) has opted out of “Saw 4” (David Hacki will direct instead, says the site) to do “Scanners” V2.0 instead.
In other horror news, Rob Zombie revealed on his MySpace page that Michael’s mask in the “Halloween” remake will be pretty darn close to how it looked in the 1978 version. He also confirmed the casting of Pat Skipper (Scully’s older brother on “The X-Files”) as Laurie Strode’s father, Mason Strode, and Dee Wallace Stone (“E.T”) as Cynthia Strode, Laurie’s mother.
- Zachary Quinto talks Heroes Reborn - January 26, 2015
- The Strangers sequel finally going ahead? - January 26, 2015
- Scodelario confirmed for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - January 26, 2015
- Author offers Waiting for Exhale 2 update - January 26, 2015
- Jetsons animated movie in the works - January 24, 2015
- New poster for Tom Hardy thrilller Child 44 - January 22, 2015
- Rob Lowe playing man of the cloth in new TV series - January 21, 2015
- The Interview hits Netflix this weekend - January 21, 2015
- Stuart Beattie writing high Voltage project - January 21, 2015
- Bruce Willis’s next straight-to-disc dud will be… - January 21, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.