Peter Hyams’ “One” being remade
Director Peter Hyams is said to be in development on a remake of his 80s sci-fi piece, ‘Capricorn One’. The ‘Time Cop’ and ‘Sound of Thunder’ helmer will produce, and Dave Dobkin (‘Shanghai Knights’) will direct.
The remake, imaginatively titled (hmm) “Capricorn 2″, has apparently been in the early development stages for about six months now, with a late ’07 start date being eyeballed.
The original film, written by Hyams, told of NASA faking a mission to Mars, and the company having to keep the secret. Elliot Gould, James Brolin and a pre-Bronco O.J Simpson starred. Peter Buchman (“Jurassic Park III”) will write the remake.
Regency are behind the redo. John Davis (“Norbit”, “I Robot 2″) is also onboard to produce.
Attempts to confirm or get a response out of Mr Hyams, or the company, have been unsuccessful at the time of writing.
Thanks to ‘Space Cadet’
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : True Story - December 19, 2014
- Walt’s got the next Chipmunks sequel - December 19, 2014
- Team America plan f*cked, yeah! - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : A Little Chaos - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : Ana Maria in Novela Land - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : American Sniper - December 19, 2014
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.