The sad passing of Australia’s Will Gibson
It’s with sad news we report the passing of acclaimed Australian cinematographer Will Gibson.
Gibson’s the talented visionary behind homegrown hit “Wolf Creek” and the upcoming “Rogue” – both written & directed by his good friend Greg McLean.
Gibson’s most recent project was the mini-series “Kick”.
When you see “Rogue” come August – which, by the way, we’ve heard “will go out on a minimum of 1400 screens in the US, and a minimum of 14 million P&A will be spent on it” – remember Will, and the talented chap he was.
The guys at MIFF have left a lovely message for Gibson, stating “You brought light into our world. Your unique vision and exceptional talent inspired and challenged us all. You were a truly magnificent individual who shall forever be loved, valued and respected. You will be remembered often and missed always. From your many friends, team mates and fans around the world.”
A private funeral service was held a week ago for his family and friends.
- Two more ID4 stars back for sequel! - April 18, 2015
- New Jurassic World poster Tweeted! - April 18, 2015
- X-Men : Till returns, Munn teases costume - April 18, 2015
- Ridley, Marvel working on new superhero series - April 18, 2015
- Parenthood may return as limited series - April 18, 2015
- Dominic Cooper is AMC’s Preacher - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice - April 18, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.