Nope, it’s not George Lucas….
I’ve got to admit, when I heard Cate Blanchett had jumped aboard the new “Indiana Jones” flick – currently titled “Indiana Jones and the City of Gods” – It just didn’t sit right. Why would Blanchett, a woman who can pick and choose her roles like a shark can choose its dinner, accept – what’s presumably – the ‘love interest’ role in an “Indiana Jones” movie? I mean you don’t see Alison Doody winning Oscars, do you?
Seems Blanchett’s doing a lot more than snuggling up to the aged Dr.Jones in the movie – in fact, she might not even lock lips at all with the adventurous archaeologist.
According to IESB.net, the Oscar Winner may in fact be playing the film’s villain. The site says that the Aussie accolade-drawer will “be the villain in cahoots with the Ruskies.”
Now that, I like. I likey likey. You can imagine a nice snarling villainess role appealing to Blanchett. Now, I see it.
What that means is that in terms of love interests, only a former love interest, Marion Ravenwood (returning star Karen Allen), will be ‘there’ for Indy.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.