Remaking Rod Hardy’s 1979 Aussie Vampire Pic
A remake of Rod Hardy’s 70s Horror pic ”Thirst” is in the works, says Shock Till You Drop.
The Aussie classic told of a woman named Elizabeth Bathory and how a descendant of hers is abducted by a cult of self-proclaimed supermen who achieve this state of superiority by drinking from the “blood cows” kept at the “dairy farm”, and they try to get her to join them.
Stephen King fave Mick Garris (“Riding the Bullet”, “The Stand”, “Sleepwalkers”) will helm the redo. “I’m not going to give anything away about it, but it’s a really different take,” Garris tells the site.
“Not many people know the film. I love the take on it – the blood farm of acolytes, the sycophants who are willing to give blood to the regal, but setting it in something contemporary and American.”
No word if Hardy, whose latest film “December Boys” just opened, is involved.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.