Ian McKellen and Jim Caviezel are headed to TVâ€¦. If only briefly.
Magneto and Jesus will team for a mini-series take on the old Patrick McGoohan series â€œThe Prisonerâ€, according to Variety.
The show marks Caviezel’s first recurring TV role and McKellen’s second. “The Lord of the Rings” actor starred in 10 episodes of the BBC’s “Coronation Street” in 2005.
Written and exec produced by Bill Gallagher, who wrote the BBC’s six-episode crime mini “Conviction,” the new “Prisoner” will follow a man (Caviezel) who wakes up in a town called the Village and is given the number six in place of his name.
“There will be nods and winks and references back to the original, but I don’t think that they’ll feel in any way that their original has been tarnished,” said Executive Producer Christine Wayne. “Even though this would fall under sci-fi traditionally, this is a drama at its core.”
There was talk of a big-screen â€œPrisonerâ€ at one stage â€“ with Mel Gibson once touted to play the lead. Sounds like that ideaâ€™s been forgotten.
- Joey Potter hires Ray Donovan - January 28, 2015
- Kickboxer star up for Iron Fist? - January 28, 2015
- Imitation Game director resuscitates old Keanu Reeves project - January 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Fantastic Four - January 28, 2015
- Crossbones in spooky supernatural yarn Stephanie - January 28, 2015
- Aussie lad may save America in Independence Day 2 - January 28, 2015
- Watch a Wet Hot American Summer teaser - January 28, 2015
- Jeff Daniels, Aaron Sorkin reunite for Jobs biopic - January 28, 2015
- Chris Pratt as young Indiana Jones!? - January 28, 2015
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.